JavaScript är inaktiverat i webbläsaren, läs mer här.

Payment in civil cases

If you lose a dispute, you could be obliged to pay the counterparty's costs. If your counterparty has legal aid, the Legal Aid Authority is the collection authority in payment matters.

You must pay the counterparty her or his legal aid fee and the remaining part to the state. Similarly, you could be obliged to pay the state's costs if your own legal aid ceases.

When the dispute has been resolved, the Legal Aid Authority draws up a settlement note and then sends you a letter stating how much you need to pay.

The Legal Aid Authority cannot change the decision of the court regarding the payment obligation. The procedure for appealing the court's decision is given in the judgment.


When you have received an invoice, you have a month to pay. If you do not pay during this period, you will receive a reminder.

You can contact the Legal Aid Authority if you have difficulty paying the whole amount at once.

Payment plan

If you find it difficult to pay the whole amount at once, the Legal Aid Authority can sometimes help with a payment plan. In the case of a one-year payment plan, the Legal Aid Authority will send you a plan, which you must sign and return. You will also need to pay a fee of SEK 170.

If you do not follow the payment plan, the whole amount falls due for payment immediately and the Swedish Enforcement Authority will collect the amount owing.

Senast ändrad: 2013-06-27